5 July 2011

cycling for fun and profit

Okay, so I haven't made a profit cycling, but I am, against all the odds, finding it fun. After a couple of sessions in the gym (to be repeated every week), at the weekend 'Erself and me, and our neighbour, went out for a ride to the local lake, a picturesque place called Syblyback Lake...


It was a nice gentle ride - 3 miles each way, with a couple of laps right around the lake adding another six miles. Between laps, we relaxed with a coffee and cake, as from everything I've read about touring cyclists, that's what you have to do.

And the strange thing is, even with the hills, which in this part of Cornwall can be pretty depressing, I really enjoyed it.

Blue skies, sunshine, sheep and lambs gambolling in the fields (note to self - buy something for Sunday lunch), good company and fabulous scenery - you can't beat it.

I might even do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment